Opening an epub file is easy!
An epub file is essentially just a compressed zip file with HTML and XML files inside.
- To open your epub you right-click on the file, select “Rename”, and change the extension from .epub to .zip. then hit “Enter” to save the name change.
- Now you have successfully converted your epub file into a .zip folder.
- Right-click the .zip folder name and click “Extract All.” Choose where you want to save the files and click “OK.”
- Now you have a folder that you can open to access your ebook content directly!
- You will need to use a text editor (Like NotePad or Sigil) to make edits to your ebook HTML files.
For mac users, the process is a bit more technical and requires some scripts. However, you can use THIS TOOL to unpackage your files easily!